Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Beauty Tip using Coconut Oil-Coco-Lemon Facial Wash

Throughout this blog, I have been talking about my childhood as it related to the use of Coconut.  I have posted a DIY recipe for a creamy sugar scrub.  I was talking to someone and we were sharing our childhood experiences with out grandmothers.  I shared with her how my G-Mere would make me rub a half of a lemon on my face and the fruit acid would be so uncomfortable, irritating of sorts.  I would walk around the house with lemon pulp on my face. After a few (what seems to be hours) moments, she would tell me to go and wash it off, and then coconut oil on my face.  (Did my grand-mother not know that water and oil do not mix?) The she would hand me a hot wash cloth and tell me to put it on my face.  Now as an adult, I can appreciate the relaxing feeling of a hot towel on one's face, but as a pre-teen? Ummmm NO! So I sat on the edge of the tub, with my head back with this heat on my face. 

I will admit, my skin was acne free and "pretty" as adults would describe it.  Smooth chocolate skin, which sadly, in the 80’s was not appreciated.  As I grew up, I moved away from this regimen, but I never forgot it.  I would go back to it every once in a while, but sadly bought into commercial beauty "secrets".  Still, when all else failed, lemon and coconut oil were there waiting for me.

Now, as a "40" something, I am going back to those regiments, remembering all that my dear grand-mother taught me, albeit the commercial beauty industry has "infiltrated" Nature's own resources,  and a market for "natural" and "organic" products are becoming a marketing haven.

Still nothing beats the simple things you can find in your own refrigerator or your local market.

Sooooo....Here is a beauty tip I swear by given to me by my grand-mother.  

Coco-Lemon Face Wash System™.  

To cleanse and clear dark spots or blemishes, AND moisturize your skin, assemble the following:

½ of a Lemon
1-2tsp. of Coconut oil
Hot (Very warm) wash cloth


  •    Rub the lemon on your face avoiding the eye area. You may also choose to squeeze the lemon in a small bowl and use a cotton ball to apply.
 (My Grand-Mother said the rind of the lemon “scrapes” the dirt off you face, a nice way of saying “exfoliating”…LOL)
Image result for lemon face wash benefits

  •     Leave on for a few minutes. You will begin to feel a tingling sensation.
It’s ok. It’s the fruit acid doing its job.  If it is uncomfortable, wet your hands and pat your face or if you squeezed the juice, dilute the juice with a little water.

  •    Prepare your hot towel/facecloth (or very warm)
  

  • Rinse your face with lukewarm water, then apply the coconut oil directly onto wet skin.
  

  •   Apply the heated facecloth for a minute or two, then gently wipe the excess oil off.

No need to apply additional moisturizer, but if you eel you need it, apply a little more coconut oil to your face.

Do this daily for acne and blemish control. Use also to keep your skin clear and soft.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment